Monday, June 23, 2008

My First Aussie Experience



My first aussie experience was shared with my hubby and our friends Loke, Mei Ling and Olive. Our journey started on 18 June evening on board of "Now everyone can fly". Of course, budget airline is not everyone cup of tea, but the 5 eager beavers wouldn't care....as long as it brings us there!

After 8-hours of "uncomfortable and sleepless night, we finally arrive at Coolangata, Gold Coast airport. Being a globe trotter/jet setter and having been to countless countries, I hate to say this, but getting into Australia is MOST UNFRIENDLY!


The questions they asked you at the Immigration really make you an ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT, although you never thought to be one at the 1st place. Customs is another episode that I will never forget. What started as a simple question of "Can I bring in a bar of chocolate which I buy at the airport?" became the 1st step for further scrutiny and repeated questions (same as those from the immigration earlier)!


Our friends were waiting, but finally we went through the AGONY. With pleasant weather, cleanliness and good discipline of Aussie, I finally put the bad experience behind me. Yes, I am here for a GOOD holiday, and I would not want these silly procedures spoil it all. But then, I post them here so that more holiday makers come prepared.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I found & read your blog. Continue with the journey to Sea World